Monday 30 November 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
Zvenigora, directed by Aleksandr Dovzhenko, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Too Big To Fail by Andrew Ross Sorkin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NSFW Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ace Combat Xi: Skies of Inscursion or Cogs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 2009!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 November 2009 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 November
- The US Mint releases the 2009 Northern Mariana Islands quarter dollar to circulation.
- A court in Argentina blocks Latin America's first gay marriage, overturning an earlier ruling, saying the Supreme Court should decide on its constitutionality. (BBC)
- On St. Andrew's Day, the Scottish Government concludes the National Conversation into Scotland's constitutional future by publishing a white paper for their proposed referendum on independence. (Scotland.gov.uk)
- Officials in Equatorial Guinea announce that incumbent President Teodoro Obiang Nguema won the presidential election with 96.7% of the vote, as the opposition claims irregularities. (Press TV)
- In a major provincial leadership reshuffle in the People's Republic of China, Lu Zhangong was appointed secretary of the Henan CPC Provincial Committee, replacing Xu Guangchun. Sun Chunlan was appointed secretary of the Fujian CPC Committee. Former Jilin Party chief Wang Min was appointed secretary of the Liaoning CPC Committee, replacing Zhang Wenyue. Former Minister of Agriculture Sun Zhengcai took over as Party chief of Jilin Province. And former governor of Hebei Hu Chunhua was appointed
- An explosive device goes off under a train travelling from Tyumen, Russia, to Baku in Azerbaijan, in the northern Caucasus republic of Dagestan. (''Times of India'')
- Three Spanish aid workers are kidnapped in northern Mauritania, after they became separated from an aid convoy. (''The Guardian'')
- Former rebel leader Agathon Rwasa, of the National Liberation Forces in Burundi, is selected as a candidate in next year's presidential election. (BBC)
- A new railway station opens in Workington, providing a link across the River Derwent after all but one of the bridges in the town were put out of action by floods. (BBC)
- John Demjanjuk goes on trial in Munich accused of war crimes relating to the killing of 27,000 Jews in the Holocaust. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The Large Hadron Collider sets a new world record for particle accelerations. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Police in Seattle report that the suspect, Maurice Clemmons, shot in the murder of four police officers in Parkland, Washington, is on the run. (''Seattle Post-Intelligencer'')
- Argonne National Laboratory announces that nanodiscs, made from an iron-nickel alloy and subjected to a magnetic field, destroy 90 percent of cancer cells in tests. (''Scientific American'')
- Philippine President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo announces she will run for Congress. (''ABS-CBN News'')
- A study in the journal ''Pediatrics'' indicates that if a child is diagnosed with autism early, intervention can raise IQ levels while improving language skills and behavior. (''CNN'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 30 November 2009
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Kaiserslautern - Bielefeld : 1 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Caen - Le Havre : 2 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Blackpool - Preston : 1 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Mantova - Cittadella : 1 - 3
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?