Monday 9 November 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hadrian Tanovic .
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Whatcha Say by Jason DeRulo.
New Moon, directed by Chris Weitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Scarpetta Factor by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching WOW Croatia.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brave: Shaman's Challenge or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 2009!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 November 2009 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Hadrian Tanovic: Belgian-born child of noted director Danis Tanovic, he is the fifth child and second son in the family.
- The death toll in El Salvador's floods and mudslides reaches 140. (Reuters)
- World leaders mark the twentieth anniversary of the Berlin Wall's fall, with the main celebrations taking place at the Brandenburg Gate. (''Bangkok Post'')
- A senior Burmese diplomat says the military government will release Aung San Suu Kyi soon. (AP)
- Somali pirates attack a Hong Kong-flagged oil tanker with long range rocket-propelled grenades 1,000 miles east off the Somali coast in the Indian Ocean. (AP)
- Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri announces the formation of a unity government with Hezbollah. (Xinhua)
- The Northern Mariana Islands election commission sets November 23 as the guberntorial runoff election between Governor Benigno Fitial and challenger Heinz Hofschneider. (''Saipan Tribune'')
- Iraq sets its next general election for January 21, 2010. (''Washington Post'')
- A high speed rail link under construction, Gautrain, will not be ready for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. (''Times of South Africa'')
- Three American hikers detained on the border between Iraqi Kurdistan and Iran are to be charged for espionage by Iranian authorities. (Fars News Agency)
- Fifth outbreak of Shia insurgency in Yemen:
- Houthi fighters in Yemen say Saudi Arabia is using phosphorus bombs against them. (Press TV)
- An Eritrean opposition leader claims weapons used by Houthi rebels are being supplied by Iran and transferred via Eritrea. (''Yemen Post'')
- In China eight ethnic Uyghurs and one Han are executed for their role in the Urumqi riots in July, in the first executions to take place. (Radio Television Hong Kong)
- MDC official Roy Bennett's trial on terrorism charges begins in Zimbabwe. (Reuters South Africa)
- Tens of thousands of people gather in Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh to hear an address by the visiting Dalai Lama. (Radio Television Hong Kong)
- Downing Street defends Prime Minister Gordon Brown's habits after the mother of a soldier killed in Afghanistan labels a misspelled letter she received from him as a ampquothastily scrawled insultampquot. (BBC)
- ampquotHouse of Horrorsampquot murderer Jason Somerville pleads guilty to strangling his wife Rebecca Somerville and neighbour Tisha Lowry before having sex with their corpses in Christchurch, New Zealand. (Radio New Zealand)
- The South Korean newspaper ''Chosun Ilbo'' alleges that North Korean leader Kim Jong-il has six personal trains and 19 stations for his own use. (AFP)
- Connecticut Governor Jodi Rell announces that she will not seek re-election in 2010. (''New York Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 9 November 2009
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Hansa Rostock : 1 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Nantes - Guingamp : 0 - 2
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Barnsley - Sheffield United : 2 - 2
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Liverpool - Birmingham : 2 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?