Monday 16 November 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Fireflies by Owl City.
Zvenigora, directed by Aleksandr Dovzhenko, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching WOW Croatia.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AFL Challenge or Ben 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attacks.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 2009!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 November 2009 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 November
- Edward Woodward: English actor and singer (d. 2009).
- Kevin Rudd, the Prime Minister of Australia, apologises to the ampquotforgotten Australiansampquot raised in orphanages and foster homes during the twentieth century. (''The Australian'')
- NASA launches Space Shuttle ''Atlantis'' on STS-129 at 1928 UTC (2:28pm EST), bringing supplies and the first two ExPRESS Logistics Carriers to the International Space Station. (NASA)
- At least 8 people are dead and dozens missing after a ferry collided with an oil barge in Burma's Irrawaddy Delta. (AP)
- A Zambian court clears journalist Chansa Kabwela of ''Zambia Post'' newspaper of pornography charges after she sent pictures of a woman giving birth in a hospital car park to President Rupiah Banda in protest at the effects of a national strike. (BBC)
- U.S. President Barack Obama arrives in Shanghai, China, and holds a town-hall-style meeting with students. (AJNews)
- The United Nations ampquotHunger Summitampquot opens in Rome, Italy. (AFP)
- The IAEA expresses concern after a late declaration of a second nuclear site by Iran. (UPI)
- One of the United Kingdom's most prolific rapists, known as the ampquotNight Stalkerampquot who it thought to have struck more than 200 times, is charged with 22 offences against the elderly from 1992 to 2009. (''The Times'')
- Algeria deploys security at the Egyptian embassy in Algiers after Egyptian businesses are attacked in the capital, and security is also tightened in Sudan ahead of a World Cup play off between the two countries. (''Times of India'')
- The United Nations is criticised after a poster that made reference to China's internet censorship by the OpenNet Initiative at an international conference focussed on Internet freedom in Sharm el-Sheik, Egypt, is removed. (AP)
- Kosovo's ruling party, the Democratic Party of Kosovo, claims victory in local elections, the first since the declaration of independence from Serbia. (Deutsche Welle)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?