Friday 20 November 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jaxon Bieber .
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Fireflies by Owl City.
Zvenigora, directed by Aleksandr Dovzhenko, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while No Less Than Victory by Jeff Shaara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NSFW Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chopper or Caucasus: Nanatsuki no Nie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 2009!
Which were the important events of 20 November 2009 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- The Large Hadron Collider, the largest atom collider in the world, is restarted after a fourteen-month delay for repairs. (Reuters)
- Three political parties file a motion of no confidence against French Polynesian President Oscar Temaru. (''Tahitipresse'')
- The United States Senate clears Senator Roland Burris of legal wrongdoing in relation to his appointment to the Senate. (WLS Chicago)
- At least 100 people are killed and around 50,000 displaced in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, with some fleeing to the Republic of the Congo, in an ethnic conflict over fishing rights. (''People's Daily'')
- Officials from the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Russia, China and the United States express ampquotregretampquot at Iran's refusal to accept nuclear proposals. (Reuters)
- 200 European football matches are under investigation in a match-fixing inquiry, at least three from the UEFA Champions League and 12 from the UEFA Europa League as Europe's biggest ever match-fixing scandal is revealed. (''Bangkok Post'')
- FIFA turns down the Football Association of Ireland's request for a rematch between France and Republic of Ireland, after a controversial handball decided the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification playoff between the two countries. (CNN)
- 35 people are injured and fire bombs are thrown after Egyptian riot police clash with protesters at a demonstration outside the Algerian embassy in Cairo, following Egypt's defeat in a World Cup qualifying playoff match. (''Ennahar'')
- Cumbria, England: A high volume of people, including one policeman, are declared missing, more than 200 people are rescued in Cockermouth and a bridge collapses in Workington during floods. The body of a policeman is later recovered. (BBC)
- Somalia announces it is to ratify the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, leaving the United States the only country not to ratify it. (BBC)
- Colombia accuses Venezuelan troops of blowing up two border bridges between the two countries. (Al Jazeera)
- At least five people are killed, including the gunman, and a further eight injured in a shooting in Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands. (AP)
- ''MS Oasis of the Seas'', the world's largest cruise ship, is officially unveiled at Fort Lauderdale, Florida, live on an American morning television show. (''The Independent'')
- Brenda, a transsexual named in a sex scandal involving former Lazio governor Piero Marrazzo, is found burned alive following a fire at her Rome flat. (Reuters)
- Two fingers and a tooth belonging to astronomer Galileo Galilei are located more than 100 years after their disappearance. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 20 November 2009
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Ahlen - Paderborn : 0 - 0
- Bielefeld - Munich 1860 : 0 - 1
- Fortuna Dusseldorf - Cottbus : 2 - 1
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Marseille - Paris SG : 1 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Swansea - Derby : 1 - 0
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Southend - Milton Keynes Dons : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?