Wednesday 6 April 1904
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kurt Georg Kiesinger and Henri Vilbert.
A Miracle Under the Inquisition, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1904!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1904 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Kurt Georg Kiesinger: third West German chancellor (1966-69), dies at age 83 (born 1904).
- Henri Vilbert: France Actor.
- Kurt G: Kiesinger German chancellor (Wherever They May Be).
- Jean Baylet: French politician who represented the Radical Party in the Constituent Assembly elected in 1945, in the Constituent Assembly elected in 1946 and in the National Assembly from 1946 to 1958.
- Kurt Kiesinger: German lawyer, politician and third Chancellor of West Germany from 1966-1969.
- Erwin Komenda: Austrian car designer and engineer (d. 1966).