Wednesday 6 April 1904US date format: 4/6/1904, UK date format: 6/4/1904
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 6, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kurt Georg Kiesinger and Henri Vilbert.
A Miracle Under the Inquisition, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1904!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1904 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Kurt Georg Kiesinger: third West German chancellor (1966-69), dies at age 83 (born 1904).
- Henri Vilbert: France Actor.
- Kurt G: Kiesinger German chancellor (Wherever They May Be).
- Jean Baylet: French politician who represented the Radical Party in the Constituent Assembly elected in 1945, in the Constituent Assembly elected in 1946 and in the National Assembly from 1946 to 1958.
- Kurt Kiesinger: German lawyer, politician and third Chancellor of West Germany from 1966-1969.
- Erwin Komenda: Austrian car designer and engineer (d. 1966).