Friday 8 April 1904
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 8, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yves Congar and Marie-Jeanne Lempereur.
A Miracle Under the Inquisition, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 April 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1904!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1904 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Yves Congar
- Marie-Jeanne Lempereur: Belgian centenarian.
- Francis Borrey: Besan?on physician.
- John R: Hicks British economist (Nobel Prize 1972).
- Hirsch Jacobs: American thoroughbred horse trainer and owner (Born 1904).
- Great Britain and France sign Cordial Entente concerning colonial matter.
- The French Third Republic and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland sign the Entente cordiale.
- Longacre Square in Midtown Manhattan is renamed Times Square (after the New York Times).
- British mystic Aleister Crowley transcribes the first chapter of The Book of the Law.