Friday 8 April 1904
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yves Congar and Marie-Jeanne Lempereur.
A Miracle Under the Inquisition, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 April 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1904!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1904 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Yves Congar
- Marie-Jeanne Lempereur: Belgian centenarian.
- Francis Borrey: Besan?on physician.
- John R: Hicks British economist (Nobel Prize 1972).
- Hirsch Jacobs: American thoroughbred horse trainer and owner (Born 1904).
- Great Britain and France sign Cordial Entente concerning colonial matter.
- The French Third Republic and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland sign the Entente cordiale.
- Longacre Square in Midtown Manhattan is renamed Times Square (after the New York Times).
- British mystic Aleister Crowley transcribes the first chapter of The Book of the Law.