Wednesday 6 April 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 6, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Darcy Pentland .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Fast Five, directed by Justin Lin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Night Road by Kristin Hannah was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Babysitter's a Vampire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Baconing or Blast Monkeys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 6 April 2011 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- 2011 Yemeni protests: six people are killed and hundreds injured in Yemen violence. (CNN)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- NATO pledges to protect the besieged town of Misrata amid criticism from rebel fighters. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Syrian protests:
- Syria reverses a ban on teachers wearing veils and closes the country's only casino ahead of anti-regime protests. (''The Guardian'')
- 2010–2011 Ivorian crisis:
- Forces loyal to internationally-recognised Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara storm the bunker of Laurent Gbagbo in a ampquotfinal assaultampquot. (France 24)
- Negotiations to end the political deadlock fail. (Al Jazeera)
- The International Criminal Court could investigate crimes against humanity committed in the country. (Kenya Broadcasting Corporation)
- Civil partnerships for same-sex couples come into effect on the Isle of Man. (BBC)
- Conservative U.S. broadcaster Glenn Beck announces that he will no longer be presenting his program from later in the year. (The Wrap)
- The New Zealand Press Association closes down after over 130 years in operation with 42 job losses. (3 News)
- José Sócrates, the caretaker Prime Minister of Portugal asks the European Union for financial assistance. (BBC)
- Workers at the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant manage to plug radiation leaks. (AP)
- At least 200 African migrants are missing after a boat capsizes off Italy. 20 bodies recovered. (''New York Times'')
- A United States Navy F/A-18 crashes near Naval Air Station Lemoore in California. (CBS 47)
- Ecuador expels the United States ambassador over Wikileaks diplomatic cables alleging corruption within the Ecuadorian police force. (BBC)
- The trial of Prime Minister of Italy Silvio Berlusconi for having sex with an underage prostitute begins. (Reuters)
- A tape recording is released of police in the Republic of Ireland allegedly threatening to rape two female protesters, one of whom is from North America, after arresting them, causing an outcry among women's groups and anti-rape organizations. (TV3)
- Jeff Skilling, former CEO of Enron, loses his appeal against his conviction for fraud in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. (''Wall Street Journal'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 April 2011
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Celtic - Hibernian : 3 - 1
- Motherwell - Dundee United : 2 - 1
- St Mirren - Aberdeen : 3 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- Down On Me - Jeremih Featuring 50 Cent
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Fall For Your Type - Jamie Foxx Featuring Drake
- No BS - Chris Brown
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- El Padrino - Joan Sebastian
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- No Me Digas Que No - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Wisin & Yandel
- Estoy Enamorado - Wisin & Yandel
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Country Song - Seether
- Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) - Shinedown
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- The Black Keys - Howlin' For You
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $42.09
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $98.43
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $85.81
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $40.38
- 1 CHF = 7.125 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.8142 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9557 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.83 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?