Tuesday 6 August 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James McGreevey and Faith Prince.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Across the Bridge, directed by Ken Annakin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Too Much, Too Soon by Diana Barrymore and Gerold Frank was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard Diamond, Private Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1957!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1957 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Faith Prince: Augusta, Georgia -- Broadway actress (Guys & Dolls, Carousel).
- James McGreevey: American politician, Democratic NJ governor inaugurated on January 15, 2002 until his resignation amid scandal, which he announced in August 2004.
- Liza Todd: American noted family, daughter of Liz Taylor and Mike Todd.
- Bob Horner: American baseball player.
- Jim McGreevey: American lawyer and politician 52nd Governor of New Jersey.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
- I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter - Billy Williams
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?