Saturday August 16, 1986US date format: 8/16/1986, UK date format: 16/8/1986
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 16, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shawn Pyfrom and Elisa Nájera.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Papa Don't Preach by Madonna.
In UK The Lady In Red by Chris De Burgh was in the top 5 hits.
Blue Velvet, directed by David Lynch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while An Alien Affair by L. Ron Hubbard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grand Prix der Volksmusik.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bird Week or Meltdown.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 August 1986
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1986!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1986 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Kim Oh-sung: South Korean footballer.
- Kim Oh-Sung: South Korean footballer.
- Chris Reynolds: Welsh DJ.
- Yu Darvish: Japanese baseball player.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
- Peter Cetera - Glory Of Love (Theme From The Karate Kid Part II)
- Belinda Carlisle - Mad About You
- Steve Winwood - Higher Love
- Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off
- Bananarama - Venus
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Timex Social Club - Rumors
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun)
- Wham! - The Edge Of Heaven
Top #10 R&B songs
- Shirley Jones - Do You Get Enough Love
- Anita Baker - Sweet Love
- Jean Carne - Closer Than Close
- Luther Vandross - Give Me The Reason
- Love The One I'm With (A Lotta Love) - Melba Moore & Kashif
- Gwen Guthrie - Ain't Nothin' Goin' On But The Rent
- Billy Ocean - Love Zone
- - Rumors
- Patti LaBelle - Oh, People
- Jeffrey Osborne - You Should Be Mine (The Woo Woo Song)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?