Wednesday August 13, 1986US date format: 8/13/1986, UK date format: 13/8/1986
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 13, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ruben Flam and Xavier Pentecôte.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Papa Don't Preach by Madonna.
In UK The Lady In Red by Chris De Burgh was in the top 5 hits.
Blue Velvet, directed by David Lynch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while James Herriot'S Dog Stories by James Herriot was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grand Prix der Volksmusik.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 720° or Cover art for the TurboGrafx-CD release.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1986
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1986!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1986 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Ruben Flam
- Xavier Pentecôte
- Yasuhisa Furuhara: Japanese actor.
- Demetrious Johnson: American mixed martial artist.
- Daniil Steptšenko: Estonian biathlete.
- KRE-AM in Berkeley CA changes call letters to KBLX (now KBFN)
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
- Peter Cetera - Glory Of Love (Theme From The Karate Kid Part II)
- Belinda Carlisle - Mad About You
- Steve Winwood - Higher Love
- Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off
- Bananarama - Venus
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Timex Social Club - Rumors
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun)
- Wham! - The Edge Of Heaven
Top #10 R&B songs
- Shirley Jones - Do You Get Enough Love
- Anita Baker - Sweet Love
- Jean Carne - Closer Than Close
- Luther Vandross - Give Me The Reason
- Love The One I'm With (A Lotta Love) - Melba Moore & Kashif
- Gwen Guthrie - Ain't Nothin' Goin' On But The Rent
- Billy Ocean - Love Zone
- - Rumors
- Patti LaBelle - Oh, People
- Jeffrey Osborne - You Should Be Mine (The Woo Woo Song)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?