Thursday August 6, 1987
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rémy Riou and Genelia D'Souza.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2.
In UK La Bamba by Los Lobos was in the top 5 hits.
No Way Out, directed by Roger Donaldson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Cultural Literacy by E. D. Hirsch Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching G-Force: Guardians of Space.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bubbler or The Hunt for Red October.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1987!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1987 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Rémy Riou: French football/soccer goalkeeper, who played for Lyon (2003–2007), Lorient (loan, 2006–2007), Auxerre (2007–2011), Toulouse (2011–2012) and Nantes (2012–).
- William Kamkwamba: Inventor.
- Genelia D'Souza: Actress.
- Brooke Lawson: YouTube Star.
- Charley Chase: American porn actress.
- Joran van der Sloot: Dutch figure in the Natalee Holloway case.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
- Julio Iglesias - Lo Mejor De Tu Vida
- Amanda Miguel - El pecado
- Hasta Que Te Conoci - Juan Gabriel
- Los Bukis - Tu carcel
- Braulio - En bancarrota
- Desnudate mujer - Franky Ruiz
- Lobo Domesticado - Tommy Olivencia
- Amigo Mio - Jorge Muniz
- Ahora Te Puedes Marchar - Luis Miguel
- Ahora Ahora - Yolandita Monge
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?