Monday 6 March 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Whiteside and Pierre Oster.
Christopher Strong, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1933!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 March 1933 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Daniel Whiteside: American teacher, writer and lecturer of "Personology," a study of a person's character as interpreted by their physiological characteristics.
- Pierre Oster: France Writer.
- Dorothy "Dolly" Ann Collins: Folk musician / composer.
- Heiko Wierenga: Dutch Social Democratic Mayor of Enschede (1977-94).
- Ted Abernathy: American baseball player (Born 1933).
- William Davis: Author / broadcaster (Battle at Bull Run).
- Anton Cermak: Bohemian-American politician, the Mayor of Chicago from 1931-1933.
- FDR declares a nationwide bank holiday
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt declares a 10-day "bank holiday," closing all U.S. banks and freezing all financial transactions.
- Poland occupies free city Danzig (Gdansk).
- Anton J Cermak, US mayor of Chicago, dies.
- Mayor Anton Cermak of Chicago dies of the wound he received on February 15.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?