Monday 6 June 1983
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gemma Bissix and Brendan MacDonald.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Flashdance...What A Feeling by Irene Cara.
In UK Every Breath You Take by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Octopussy, directed by John Glen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Consultant.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cube Quest or Halls of the Things.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1983!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1983 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Gemma Bissix: British actress.
- Brendan MacDonald: American accidental death; a freshman at Norwich University, a military college in Northfield, VT, MacDonald died at about 2 AM on April 26, 2003 from a fall from his fourth story dormitory window.
- Dennis Roady: YouTube Star.
- Michael Krohn-Dehli: Danish footballer.
- Gianna Michaels: American porn actress.
- Joe Rokocoko: Fijian rugby player
- 17th Music City News Country Awards: Marty Robbins and Roy Acuff
- Bottle with note of June 9, 1910 found in Queensland
- Emmy 10th Daytime Award presentation - Susan Lucci loses for 4th time
- Li Xiannian becomes President / Deng Xiaoping Supreme Commander of China PR
- Nicaragua expels 3 US diplomats
- Twins draft pitcher Tim Belcher #1
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 June 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
- Men At Work - Overkill
- Lionel Richie - My Love
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
- Naked Eyes - Always Something There To Remind Me
- Styx - Don't Let It End
- Rick Springfield - Affair Of The Heart
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?