Friday 17 June 1983
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Ryan and Connie Fisher.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Flashdance...What A Feeling by Irene Cara.
In UK Every Breath You Take by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Twilight Zone: The Movie, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Megatrends by John Naisbitt was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Konsul Möllers Erben.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crossbow or Lords of Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1983!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1983 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Lee Ryan: Pop Singer.
- Connie Fisher: Irish-Welsh actress and singer.
- Vlasis Kazakis: Greek footballer.
- Jamal Mixon: American actor.
- Kazunari Ninomiya: Japanese singer-songwriter and actor (Arashi).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- Men At Work - Overkill
- Lionel Richie - My Love
- Styx - Don't Let It End
- Naked Eyes - Always Something There To Remind Me
- Rick Springfield - Affair Of The Heart
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Family Man
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?