Tuesday 7 June 1983
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Milan Jurcina and Ryan Bader.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Flashdance...What A Feeling by Irene Cara.
In UK Every Breath You Take by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Octopussy, directed by John Glen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Icebreaker by John Gardner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Consultant.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Farmer's Daughter or Champion Baseball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1983!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1983 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Milan Jurcina: Slovakian hockey player.
- Ryan Bader: American mixed martial artist.
- Milan Jurčina: Slovak ice hockey player.
- Mark Lowe: American baseball player.
- Piotr Małachowski: Polish discus thrower.
- Pierre Pierce: American professional basketball player and convicted sex offender
- Steve Carlton of the Philadelphia Phillies strikes out Lonnie Smith for his 3,522nd career strikeout to pass Nolan Ryan as the all-time strikeout leader.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
- Men At Work - Overkill
- Lionel Richie - My Love
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
- Naked Eyes - Always Something There To Remind Me
- Styx - Don't Let It End
- Rick Springfield - Affair Of The Heart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?