Tuesday 6 March 2007US date format: 3/6/2007, UK date format: 6/3/2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 6, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to This Is Why I'm Hot by Mims.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Knocked Up, directed by Judd Apatow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Natural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blood Ties.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Mario Strikers Charged or Battle Fantasia.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 March 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 6 March 2007 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 March
- Allen Coage (''Bad News Brown''): American wrestler and judoka (Born 1943).
- In the USA, Mega Millions sets a new world record for the highest lottery jackpot of US$370 million.
- Iraq War: Two suicide bombers in a crowd of Muslim pilgrims in Al Hillah kill at least 115 people and wound 150. (BBC)
- Foreign Minister of People's Republic of China Li Zhaoxing criticises President of the Republic of China Chen Shui-bian for making calls for Taiwan independence. (The Times)
- ''United States v. Libby'': Former Bush administration aide Lewis Libby is found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice. (CNN)
- The United States Congress opens hearings into the dismissal of eight U.S. Attorneys, probing whether the Bush Administration had political motives for ousting the federal prosecutors. (AP via The Guardian)
- Heavy security operations begin in Bogotá, Colombia, for the visit of U.S. President Bush on March 11. Security forces expect protests on Wednesday. (El Tiempo)
- Japanese news agency Kyodo News reports that Empress Michiko is suffering from internal bleeding. (BBC)
- Two earthquakes measuring 6.4 and 6.3 on the Moment magnitude scale hit Sumatra in Indonesia, with the epicenter near Lake Singkarak. At least 82 fatalities are currently reported. The earthquakes were felt as far as in Malaysia and Singapore. (USGS on the 6.3 quake)
- India and Pakistan hold a meeting in Islamabad to discuss joint actions against terrorism with discussion focussing on the Samjhauta Express bombings. (BBC)
- Celebrations in Ghana mark the fiftieth anniversary of its independence. (BBC)
- War in Afghanistan (2001–present): NATO-led forces launch Operation Achilles against the Taliban in Helmand province. (AP via IHT)
Sport Games on 6 March 2007
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Hull - Ipswich : 2 - 5
- Norwich - Derby : 1 - 2
- Sheffield Weds - Plymouth : 1 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Altrincham - Cambridge : 5 - 0
- Crawley Town - Burton : 1 - 0
- Dag and Red - Stafford Rangers : 1 - 1
- Exeter - Grays : 2 - 1
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Queen of Sth - St Johnstone : 1 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Cowdenbeath - Stirling : 1 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- What Goes Around…Comes Around - Justin Timberlake
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Ludacris - Runaway Love
- Break It Off - Rihanna
Top #10 R&B songs
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- Throw Some D's - Rich Boy Featuring Polow Da Don
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
- Omarion - Ice Box
- Pretty Ricky - On The Hotline
- Runaway Love - Ludacris Featuring Mary J. Blige
- Ciara - Promise
- Musiq Soulchild - Buddy
Top #10 Latin songs
- Te Lo Agradezco, Pero No - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Shakira
- Shorty Shorty - Xtreme
- Ese - Conjunto Primavera
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
- Pam Pam - Wisin & Yandel
- Manda Una Senal - Mana
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Dime Quien Es - Los Rieleros del Norte
- Me Muero - La Quinta Estacion
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
As the price war with Intel continued to take its toll, shares of Advanced Micro Devices fell 23 cents, or 1.6 percent. [..]
AT&T is among a group of companies that have tried to stonewall say-on-pay proposals from shareholders. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $70.35
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $96.12
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $63.83
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $39.04
- 1 CAD = 1.0394 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9474 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9112 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.362 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?