Tuesday 6 March 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to This Is Why I'm Hot by Mims.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Knocked Up, directed by Judd Apatow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Design Squad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Actua Pool or Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 6 March 2007 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 March
- Allen Coage (''Bad News Brown''): American wrestler and judoka (Born 1943).
- In the USA, Mega Millions sets a new world record for the highest lottery jackpot of US$370 million.
- Iraq War: Two suicide bombers in a crowd of Muslim pilgrims in Al Hillah kill at least 115 people and wound 150. (BBC)
- Foreign Minister of People's Republic of China Li Zhaoxing criticises President of the Republic of China Chen Shui-bian for making calls for Taiwan independence. (The Times)
- ''United States v. Libby'': Former Bush administration aide Lewis Libby is found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice. (CNN)
- The United States Congress opens hearings into the dismissal of eight U.S. Attorneys, probing whether the Bush Administration had political motives for ousting the federal prosecutors. (AP via The Guardian)
- Heavy security operations begin in Bogotá, Colombia, for the visit of U.S. President Bush on March 11. Security forces expect protests on Wednesday. (El Tiempo)
- Japanese news agency Kyodo News reports that Empress Michiko is suffering from internal bleeding. (BBC)
- Two earthquakes measuring 6.4 and 6.3 on the Moment magnitude scale hit Sumatra in Indonesia, with the epicenter near Lake Singkarak. At least 82 fatalities are currently reported. The earthquakes were felt as far as in Malaysia and Singapore. (USGS on the 6.3 quake)
- India and Pakistan hold a meeting in Islamabad to discuss joint actions against terrorism with discussion focussing on the Samjhauta Express bombings. (BBC)
- Celebrations in Ghana mark the fiftieth anniversary of its independence. (BBC)
- War in Afghanistan (2001–present): NATO-led forces launch Operation Achilles against the Taliban in Helmand province. (AP via IHT)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 March 2007
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Ludacris - Runaway Love
- Break It Off - Rihanna
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?