Wednesday 6 May 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 6, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gilbert Duquenoix and Colin Earl.
Down Texas Way, directed by Howard Bretherton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1942 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Gilbert Duquenoix: French popular seer and magician with the stage name "Nathaniel.
- Colin Earl: Rocker.
- Ariel Dorfman: Argentinian author playwright and academic.
- David Friesen: American bassist.
- Rin Kaiho: Chinese-Japanese go player.
- Tammy Wynette: Musician.
- World War II: On Corregidor, the last American forces in the Philippines surrender to the Japanese.