Sunday 27 January 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 27, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fernand Prevost and Skitch Henderson.
Tarzan of the Apes, directed by Scott Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 January 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1918 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Fernand Prevost: France Military man.
- Skitch Henderson: American pianist composer and conductor (d. 2005).
- Elmore James: American blues guitarist, singer and songwriter (Born 1918).
- William Seawell: United States Army Brigadier General (d. 2005).
- Tarzan of the Apes, 1st Tarzan film, premieres at Broadway Theater
- The Finnish Civil War begins.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Somewhere in France is the Lily - Charles Hart
- I'm All Bound Round with the Mason-Dixon Line - Irving Kaufman
- La Ronde Des Lutins (Dance of the Goblins) - Jascha Heifetz
- Life in a Trench in Belgium (Part 1) - Lieutenant Gitz Rice of the First Canadians & Henry Burr