Monday 7 December 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martha Layne Collins in Baghdad and José Santos.
Camille, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Sea Stories.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 7 December 1936 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
- Martha Layne Collins in Baghdad: Kentucky, USA; American politician (Governor-Democrat-Kentucky).
- José Santos: Portuguese poet, he died of cirrhosis January 28, 1984 in Lisbon, age 47.
- Rene Ferrier: France sport Champion.
- Australian cricketer Jack Fingleton becomes the first player to score centuries in four consecutive Test innings.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 December 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Pennies from Heaven - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?