Wednesday 30 December 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Ciriani and Giacomo Gualco.
After the Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Re-View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1936 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Henri Ciriani: Peruvian architect and teacher, who moved to Paris in 1964.
- Giacomo Gualco: Italian politician, vice-president of his party; convicted of corruption.
- United Auto Workers stage first sit-down strike, at Fisher Body Plant.
- The United Auto Workers union stages its first sit-down strike.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 December 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Goodnight, My Love - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
- T'aint Good (Like a Nickel Made of Wood) - Fats Waller
- Serenade in the Night - Mantovani & His Orchestra
- There's Something in the Air - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
- The Night is Young and You're So Beautiful - George Hall & His Orchestra
- Jeanette MacDonald & Nelson Eddy - Indian Love Call
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?