Wednesday 30 December 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Giacomo Gualco and Henri Ciriani.
After the Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Drums Along the Mohawk by Walter D. Edmonds was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Re-View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1936!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 30 December 1936 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Giacomo Gualco: Italian politician, vice-president of his party; convicted of corruption.
- Henri Ciriani: Peruvian architect and teacher, who moved to Paris in 1964.
- United Auto Workers stage first sit-down strike, at Fisher Body Plant.
- The United Auto Workers union stages its first sit-down strike.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Jeanette MacDonald & Nelson Eddy - Indian Love Call
- Goodnight, My Love - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
- T'aint Good (Like a Nickel Made of Wood) - Fats Waller
- Serenade in the Night - Mantovani & His Orchestra
- There's Something in the Air - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
- The Night is Young and You're So Beautiful - George Hall & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?