Tuesday 8 December 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Carradine in Hollywood and David Carradine.
Camille, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Drums Along the Mohawk by Walter D. Edmonds was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sea Stories.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1936 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- David Carradine in Hollywood: California, USA; actor (Kung Fu, Mean Streets, Boxcar Bertha, Young Guns).
- David Carradine: American actor in a theatrical family, the first son of actor John Carradine with the first of his dad's four wives.
- Francis Esménard: French editor and businessman, the President at Éditions Albin Michel S.A.
- Michael Hobson: American publisher.
- Anastasio Somoza elected President of Nicaragua.
- NAACP files suit to equalize the salaries of black and white teachers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Pennies from Heaven - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?