Tuesday 8 December 1936US date format: 12/8/1936, UK date format: 8/12/1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 8, 1936). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Carradine and Francis Esménard.
After the Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Sea Stories.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 December 1936
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1936 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- David Carradine: American actor in a theatrical family,...
- Francis Esménard: French editor and businessman, the...
- David Carradine in Hollywood: California, USA; actor (Kung Fu, Mean...
- Michael Hobson: American publisher.
- Anastasio Somoza elected President of Nicaragua.
- NAACP files suit to equalize the salaries of black and white teachers.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'm in a Dancing Mood - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
- When My Dream Boat Comes Home - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians