Friday 11 December 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Fuccello in Newark and Taku Yamasaki.
Camille, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Drums Along the Mohawk by Walter D. Edmonds was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sea Stories.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1936!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 11 December 1936 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Tom Fuccello in Newark: New Jersey, USA; actor (Dave - Dallas).
- Taku Yamasaki: Japanese politician.
- Hans van den Broek: Dutch lawyer and politician Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- King Edward VIII marries Mrs Wallis Simpson; abdicates throne Duke of York becomes King George VI
- Abdication Crisis: Edward VIII's abdication as King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the British Dominions beyond the Seas, and Emperor of India becomes effective.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Pennies from Heaven - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?