Wednesday 23 December 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Albert Coppens and Frederic Forrest in Waxahachie.
After the Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Sea Stories.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1936 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Claude Albert Coppens: Composer.
- Frederic Forrest in Waxahachie: Texas, USA; actor (Music Box, Lonesone Dove).
- James Stacy in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Fred - Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet).
- Bobby Ross: NFL coach (San Diego Chargers).
- Claude Coppens: Belgian pianist and composer.
- Frederic Forrest: American actor; off-Broadway debut in 1966 and first film in 1970, "Futz." He studied with Stella Adler in New York in 1961 and moved to Los Angeles in 1970. His first major film role was in 1972, "When the Legends Die," for which he got great reviews, but he played in minor films until "Apocalypse Now" and "The Rose." In 1980, Forrest received an Oscar nomination. His career continued to have extreme ups and downs.
- Colombia becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Easy To Love - Ray Noble & His Orchestra (Vocal Al Bowlly)
- Bing Crosby - Let's Call A Heart A Heart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?