Monday 28 December 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Mesrine and Alan Vaughan.
Fire Over England, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Re-View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 December 1936
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1936 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Jacques Mesrine: French criminal (Born 1936).
- Alan Vaughan: American noted parapsychology researcher who has presented a number of papers of his original research.
- Nichelle Nichols in Robbins: Illinois, USA; actress (Uhura - Star Trek).
- Jacques Mesrine: French bank robber and kidnapper.
- Alan Coleman: English-Australian director producer and screenwriter (d. 2013).
- Lawrence Schiller: American journalist director and producer.