Sunday January 28, 1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 28, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luce Brunet and Jeremiah Neil.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to How Am I Supposed To Live Without You by Michael Bolton.
In UK Hangin' Tough by New Kids On The Block was in the top 5 hits.
Grand Slam, directed by Giuliano Montaldo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Emperor'S New Mind by Roger Penrose was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Aerolina.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dead Heat Scramble or Countdown.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 January 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1990!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1990 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Luce Brunet
- Kalifa Fai-Fai Loa: New Zelander rugby league footballer.
- Jeremiah Neil: Pop Singer.
- Kalifa Loa: New Zealand rugby player.
- Zhang Kailin: Chinese tennis player.
- Independent on Sunday begins publishing in London
- Super Bowl XXIV: SF 49ers beat Denver Broncos, 55-10 in New Orleans Super Bowl MVP: Joe Montana, San Francisco, QB
- 78th Australian Men's Tennis: Ivan Lendl beats Stefan Edberg (4-6, 7-6, 5-2-retire).
- The Polish United Workers' Party votes to dissolve itself and reorganize itself as the Social Democracy of the Republic of Poland.
- The trial of Joseph Hazelwood, former skipper of the Exxon ''Valdez'', begins in Anchorage, Alaska. He is accused of negligence that resulted in America's second worst oil spill to date.
- In Holmdel, New Jersey, scientists at Bell Labs announce they have created a digital optical processor that could lead to the development of superfast computers that use pulses of light rather than electric currents to make calculations.
- The first McDonald's in Moscow, Russia opens.
- President of the United States George H. W. Bush gives his first State of the Union address and proposes that the U.S. and the Soviet Union make deep cuts to their military forces in Europe.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 28 January 1990
- Denver Broncos - San Francisco 49ers : 10 - 55
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Bolton - How Am I Supposed To Live Without You
- Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam
- Rod Stewart - Downtown Train
- Jody Watley - Everything
- Seduction - Two To Make It Right
- Lou Gramm - Just Between You And Me
- Tom Petty - Free Fallin'
- Paula Abdul - Opposites Attract
- Skid Row - I Remember You
- Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise
Top #10 R&B songs
- I'll Be Good To You - Quincy Jones Featuring Ray Charles & Chaka Khan
- Regina Belle - Make It Like It Was
- Skyy - Real Love
- Sybil - Walk On By
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Silky Soul
- Calloway - I Wanna Be Rich
- By All Means - Let's Get It On
- Good Girls - Your Sweetness
- Scandalous! - Prince Featuring Kim Basinger
- All Nite - Entouch Featuring Keith Sweat
Top #10 Latin songs
- La Cima Del Cielo - Ricardo Montaner
- Kaoma - Lambada
- Como Fui A Enamorarme De Ti - Los Bukis
- Daniela Romo - Quiero Amanecer Con Alguien
- Lambada-Llorando Se Fue - Teresa Guerra
- Gipsy Kings - Vamos A Bailar
- Emmanuel - La Chica De Humo
- Si Me Vas A Olvidar - Roberto Carlos
- Isabel Pantoja - Se Me Enamora El Alma
- Separados - Luis Miguel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?