Sunday 28 January 1990
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kalifa Fai-Fai Loa and Jeremiah Neil.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to How Am I Supposed To Live Without You by Michael Bolton.
In UK Hangin' Tough by New Kids On The Block was in the top 5 hits.
Cinema Paradiso, directed by Giuseppe Tornatore, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Education Of A Wandering Man by Louis L'Amour was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Agatha Christie: Poirot.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lost Crystal or The Adventures of Rad Gravity.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1990!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1990 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Kalifa Fai-Fai Loa: New Zelander rugby league footballer.
- Jeremiah Neil: Pop Singer.
- Kalifa Loa: New Zealand rugby player.
- Zhang Kailin: Chinese tennis player.
- Independent on Sunday begins publishing in London
- Super Bowl XXIV: SF 49ers beat Denver Broncos, 55-10 in New Orleans Super Bowl MVP: Joe Montana, San Francisco, QB
- 78th Australian Men's Tennis: Ivan Lendl beats Stefan Edberg (4-6, 7-6, 5-2-retire).
- The Polish United Workers' Party votes to dissolve itself and reorganize itself as the Social Democracy of the Republic of Poland.
- The trial of Joseph Hazelwood, former skipper of the Exxon ''Valdez'', begins in Anchorage, Alaska. He is accused of negligence that resulted in America's second worst oil spill to date.
- In Holmdel, New Jersey, scientists at Bell Labs announce they have created a digital optical processor that could lead to the development of superfast computers that use pulses of light rather than electric currents to make calculations.
- The first McDonald's in Moscow, Russia opens.
- President of the United States George H. W. Bush gives his first State of the Union address and proposes that the U.S. and the Soviet Union make deep cuts to their military forces in Europe.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Bolton - How Am I Supposed To Live Without You
- Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam
- Rod Stewart - Downtown Train
- Jody Watley - Everything
- Seduction - Two To Make It Right
- Lou Gramm - Just Between You And Me
- Tom Petty - Free Fallin'
- Paula Abdul - Opposites Attract
- Skid Row - I Remember You
- Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 28 January 1990
- Denver Broncos - San Francisco 49ers : 10 - 55
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?