Saturday 6 January 1990, Epiphany
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alice Haefeli and Meghan Sanett.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Another Day In Paradise by Phil Collins.
Internal Affairs, directed by Mike Figgis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Memories of Midnight by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Yellowthread Street.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bonanza Bros. or F-Zero.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 January 1990 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Alice Haefeli: American noted family, the first child born to NBC news correspondent Mary Alice Williams and her husband, CNN producer Mark Haefeli.
- Meghan Sanett: YouTube Star.
- New York Lotto pays US$35 million to one winner (numbers are 18-25-26-32-42-44).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise
- Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
- Linda Ronstadt - Don't Know Much
- Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam
- Taylor Dayne - With Every Beat Of My Heart
- Michael Bolton - How Am I Supposed To Live Without You
- New Kids On The Block - This One's For The Children
- Cher - Just Like Jesse James
- Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire
- Jody Watley - Everything
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 January 1990
- Buffalo Bills - Cleveland Browns : 30 - 34
- Minnesota Vikings - San Francisco 49ers : 13 - 41
Celebrate 6 January 1990 with a precious gift
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?