Thursday 18 September 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hans Vermeulen and Drew Faust.
Unconquered, directed by Cecil B. De Mille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while Gentleman's Agreement by Laura Z. Hobson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Author Meets the Critics.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1947 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Hans Vermeulen: Singer / guitarist (Sandy Coast).
- Drew Faust: American educator, writer and first female President of Harvard University in Cambridge, MA.
- Russ Abbot: English comedian actor and singer.
- Giancarlo Minardi: Italian businessman founded the Minardi Racing Team.
- Paul Seed: British television director and former actor.
- National Security Act, passes
- USAF (US Air Force) forms
- The National Security Council and the Central Intelligence Agency were established in the United States under the National Security Act.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?