Thursday 18 September 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 18, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Russ Abbot and Giancarlo Minardi.
The Unsuspected, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching WJLA ABC 7 News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 September 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1947 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Russ Abbot: English comedian actor and singer.
- Giancarlo Minardi: Italian businessman founded the Minardi Racing Team.
- Hans Vermeulen: Singer / guitarist (Sandy Coast).
- Jeff MacNelly: Cartoonist.
- Paul Seed: British television director and former actor.
- Drew Faust: American educator, writer and first female President of Harvard University in Cambridge, MA.
- Gail Carson Levine: Author.
- National Security Act, passes
- USAF (US Air Force) forms
- The National Security Council and the Central Intelligence Agency were established in the United States under the National Security Act.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra - I Wish I Didn't Love You So
- Near You - Alvino Rey & His Orchestra
- Johnny Mercer - Sugar Blues
- How Soon (Will I Be Seeing You) - Jack Owens
- Betty Hutton - I Wish I Didn't Love You So