Thursday 7 June 1900
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jan [Johannes A A] Engelman and Jan Engelmann.
The Exposed Seance, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while To Have and to Hold by Mary Johnston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1900!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1900 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Jan [Johannes A A] Engelman: Poet / translator / critic (Garden of Eros).
- Jan Engelmann: Dutch author, art historian, editor, poet and playwright.
- Alfredo Le Pera: Lyricist, theatre critic and journalist, author of the lyrics of the most famous tangos sung by Carlos Gardel.
- Antonius Engelmann: Netherlands Writer.
- Glen Gray: American jazz musician and leader of the Casa Loma Orchestra (Born 1900).
- Boer general Christian de Law occupiers British train depot Roodewal
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?