Thursday 7 June 1900
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jan Engelmann and Jan [Johannes A A] Engelman.
Sherlock Holmes Baffled, directed by Arthur Marvin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 June 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1900!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1900 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Jan [Johannes A A] Engelman: Poet / translator / critic (Garden of Eros).
- Jan Engelmann: Dutch author, art historian, editor, poet and playwright.
- Alfredo Le Pera: Lyricist, theatre critic and journalist, author of the lyrics of the most famous tangos sung by Carlos Gardel.
- Antonius Engelmann: Netherlands Writer.
- Glen Gray: American jazz musician and leader of the Casa Loma Orchestra (Born 1900).
- Boer general Christian de Law occupiers British train depot Roodewal