Saturday June 16, 1900
US date format: 6/16/1900, UK date format: 16/6/1900
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 16, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jan van Tilburg .
Sherlock Holmes Baffled, directed by Arthur Marvin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 16, 1900?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Jan van Tilburg: Governor Suriname (PVDA, 1955-62).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 16, 1900?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - My Sunny Southern Home