Friday 15 June 1900
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul J Mares and Otto Clarence Luening.
Sherlock Holmes Baffled, directed by Arthur Marvin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1900!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1900 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Otto Clarence Luening: Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Composer (Sonority Canon).
- Paul J Mares: United States -- Jazz trumpetist / composer (Farewell blues).
- Gotthard Gunther: German philosopher (d. 1984).
- Enrique Campos del Toro: Puerto Rican law professor, banker, and attorney general of Puerto Rico.
- Eugenio Imaz: Spanish philosopher and translator.
- Gotthard Günther: German philosopher and academic (d. 1984).
- Otto Luening: German-American composer and conductor (d. 1996).