Friday 15 June 1900
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 15, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul J Mares and Otto Clarence Luening.
Sherlock Holmes Baffled, directed by Arthur Marvin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1900!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1900 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Otto Clarence Luening: Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Composer (Sonority Canon).
- Paul J Mares: United States -- Jazz trumpetist / composer (Farewell blues).
- Gotthard Gunther: German philosopher (d. 1984).
- Enrique Campos del Toro: Puerto Rican law professor, banker, and attorney general of Puerto Rico.
- Eugenio Imaz: Spanish philosopher and translator.
- Gotthard Günther: German philosopher and academic (d. 1984).
- Otto Luening: German-American composer and conductor (d. 1996).