Sunday 17 June 1900
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 17, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Bormann and Paul Dupré-Lafon.
Sherlock Holmes Baffled, directed by Arthur Marvin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1900!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1900 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Martin Bormann: German Nazi official, one of the most powerful but least known Nazis; he was called "Hitler's evil genius.
- Paul Dupré-Lafon
- Hermann Reutter: German pianist and composer of operas, oratorios and other choral works, a ballet, chamber music, piano works and songs.
- Hermann Reuter: Composer.
- Evelyn Irons: Scottish journalist, the first woman war correspondent to be decorated with the French Croix de Guerre.