Tuesday 7 June 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Koch and Joey Scarbury in Ontario.
In UK Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Year Itch, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Onions In The Stew by Betty MacDonald was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sam and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1955 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- William Koch: US skier (World Cup 1982).
- Joey Scarbury in Ontario: California, USA; singer ("Greatest American Hero").
- Timothy Richmond: American race car driver whose career began in 1982.
- William Forsythe: American actor and producer.
- Jon Balke: Norwegian pianist and orchestra leader (Magnetic North Orchestra).
- Tim Richmond: American race car driver (won 13 NASCAR races), dies of AIDS (born 1955).
- $64,000 Question premieres on CBS TV
- 1st President to appear on color TV (Eisenhower)
- India Premier Nehru visit USSR
- First American President to appear on color TV (Dwight Eisenhower).
- Lux Radio Theater signs off the air permanently. The show launched in New York in 1934, and featured radio adaptations of Broadway shows and popular films.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
- Gisele MacKenzie - Hard To Get
- The McGuire Sisters - Something's Gotta Give
- Les Baxter & His Orchestra - Unchained Melody
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Fess Parker - Ballad Of Davy Crockett
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?