Wednesday 29 June 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles J Precourt and Terence M O'Sullivan.
In UK Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Little Foys, directed by Melville Shavelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Bottoms Up! by Cornelia Otis Skinner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Those Whiting Girls.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1955 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Charles J Precourt: Waltham, Massachusetts -- Astronaut (STS 55, 71, 84, sk:91).
- Terence M O'Sullivan: American activist.
- Terence O'Sullivan: American activist.
- Charles Precourt: American colonel pilot and astronaut.
- Max Pechstein: German painter and printmaker, who was a leading member of the group of German Expressionist artists known as Die Brücke (“The Bridge”).
- Argentine state of siege ends
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?