Sunday 5 June 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nancy Stafford and Edino Nazareth Filho.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Unchained Melody by Les Baxter & His Orchestra.
In UK Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Year Itch, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sam and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1955 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Nancy Stafford: Florida, United States -- Miss Florida (1977) / actress (Joan-St Elsewhere).
- Edino Nazareth Filho: Brazilian football player.
- Edino Filho: Brazilian footballer and manager.
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA Eastern Golf Open
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 June 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
- Gisele MacKenzie - Hard To Get
- The McGuire Sisters - Something's Gotta Give
- Les Baxter & His Orchestra - Unchained Melody
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Fess Parker - Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?