Thursday 23 June 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Debbie Boostrom and Jordan.
In UK Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Little Foys, directed by Melville Shavelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Johnny Carson Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1955 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Debbie Boostrom: Peoria, Illinois -- Playmate (Aug, 1981).
- Jordan: British actress and model.
- Glenn Danzig: Punk Singer.
- Pierre Corbeil: Canadian dentist and politician.
- Maggie Greenwald: American director and screenwriter.
- Maggie Philbin: English radio and television host
- Pamela Rooke: English model and actress
- Jean Tigana: French footballer and manager
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 June 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Les Baxter & His Orchestra - Unchained Melody
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Something's Gotta Give (orchestra Of Sy Oliver) - Sammy Davis Jr.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?