Saturday 11 June 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tony Allcock and Pierre Blaise.
In UK Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
Lady and the Tramp, directed by Clyde Geronimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Good Shepherd by C.S. Forester was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1955 ?
- Tony Allcock: Bowler.
- Pierre Blaise: French film actor, best known for the role of Lucien Lacombe in Louis Malle's 1974 film Lacombe, Lucien.
- Yuriy Sedykh: Ukrainian hammer thrower.
- Duncan Steel: English-Australian astronomer and author.
- 1st magnesium jet airplane flies
- 87th Belmont: Eddie Arcaro aboard Nashua wins in 2:29
- Le Mans race car accident kills 83 spectators (race continues)
- Eighty-three are killed and at least 100 are injured after an Austin-Healey and a Mercedes-Benz collide at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the deadliest ever accident in motorsports.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?