Thursday 7 September 1989
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hugh Mitchell (actor) and Abdelrahman El-Trabely.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Hangin' Tough by New Kids On The Block.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
Kickboxer, directed by Mark DiSalle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Great Plains by Ian Frazier was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing SimCity or Boomer's Adventure in ASMIK World.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1989!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 September 1989 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Hugh Mitchell (actor)
- Abdelrahman El-Trabely: Egyptian wrestler (d. 2013).
- Hugh Mitchell: English actor.
- Representatives of the government of Ethiopia and Eritrean separatists meet in Atlanta with former U.S. President Jimmy Carter attempting to broker a peace settlement.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- New Kids On The Block - Hangin' Tough
- Paula Abdul - Cold Hearted
- Gloria Estefan - Don't Wanna Lose You
- Warrant - Heaven
- Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting
- Surface - Shower Me With Your Love
- Milli Vanilli - Girl I'm Gonna Miss You
- The Jeff Healey Band - Angel Eyes
- Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time
- Skid Row - 18 And Life
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?