Monday 29 December 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Freddy Buache and Charles Colpin.
The Last Laugh, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Constant Nymph by Margaret Kenned was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1924!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1924 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Freddy Buache: Swiss journalist, cinema critic and film historian.
- Charles Colpin: Belgium sport Champion.
- Joe Allbritton: American businessman and publisher founded the Allbritton Communications Company (d. 2012).
- Carl Spitteler: Swiss poet and author Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1924).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1924 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Want to be Happy - Jan Garber & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?