Friday 8 April 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Schneider and Alexandre Debanne.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Fugitive Kind, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pony Express.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1960!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 April 1960 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- John Schneider: American actor.
- Alexandre Debanne: French TV host.
- Patrick Delperdange
- Daniël Dekker: Dutch radio host.
- Netherlands and Germany sign accord concerning war casualties.
- The Netherlands and West Germany sign an agreement to negotiate the return of German land annexed by the Dutch in return for 280 million German marks as Wiedergutmachung.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- Steve Lawrence - Footsteps
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
- Connie Francis - Mama
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?