Thursday 7 April 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 7, 1960). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yvan Colonna and James ''Buster'' Douglas.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Cloud-Capped Star, directed by Ritwik Ghatak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Diplomat by Charles Wheeler Thayer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der schwarze Kanal.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 April 1960
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1960!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1960 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Yvan Colonna: French murderer, a Corsican nationalist convicted of assassinating the prefect of Corsica, Claude Érignac on 6 February 1998 at 9:05 pm in Ajaccio.
- Simon Climie: rock vocalist/keyboardist (Climie Fisher - "Love Changes").
- James ''Buster'' Douglas: American boxer.
- Buster Douglas: American boxer and actor.
- Sandy Powell: Costume designer, dies at 82.
- Henri Guisan: General of the Swiss Army during World War II (Born 1874).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- Steve Lawrence - Footsteps
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
- Connie Francis - Mama
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
Top #10 R&B songs
- Dinah Washington & Brook Benton - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Barrett Strong - Money (That's what I want)
- Marv Johnson - I Love The Way You Love
- The Drifters - This Magic Moment
- Buster Brown - Fannie Mae
- The Theme From "A Summer Place" - Percy Faith And His Orchestra
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Lady Luck
- Bill Black's Combo - White Silver Sands
- Jackie Wilson - Doggin' Around
- Jimmy Reed - Baby What You Want Me To Do
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?