Sunday 10 April 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Julie Fulton in Evanston and Steve Bisciotti.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Fugitive Kind, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while May This House Be Safe From Tigers by Alexander King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 April 1960 ?
- Julie Fulton in Evanston: Illinois, USA; actress (Lime Steel).
- Steve Bisciotti: American businessman co-founded Allegis Group.
- Katrina Leskanich: American-English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Katrina and the Waves).
- Terry Teagle: American basketball player.
- Arthur Benjamin: Australian composer/pianist (Devil Take Her), dies at age 66.
- US Senate passes landmark Civil Rights Bill.
- 24th Golf Masters Championship: Arnold Palmer wins, shooting a 282.
- Betsy Rawls wins LPGA Babe Didrikson-Zaharias Golf Open.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- Steve Lawrence - Footsteps
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
- Connie Francis - Mama
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?