Sunday 3 April 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 3, 1960). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laura Marconi and Mimi Bergerac.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
Peeping Tom, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Dear And Glorious Physician by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der schwarze Kanal.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 April 1960
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1960!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1960 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Laura Marconi: Italian model who won many beauty contests and did a small amount of professional modeling.
- Marie Denise Pelletier: Quebec singer.
- Mimi Bergerac: American child of noted parents, actors Dorothy Malone and Jacques Bergerac.
- Arjen Lucassen: Dutch singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Ayreon Star One Ambeon and Guilt Machine).
- Marie Pelletier: Canadian singer.
- Lesley Sharp: English actress.
- Anton Pannekoek: Dutch astronomer/marxist theorist, dies at age 87.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
- The Little Dippers - Forever
- Annette - O Dio Mio
Top #10 R&B songs
- Dinah Washington & Brook Benton - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- The Theme From "A Summer Place" - Percy Faith And His Orchestra
- Barrett Strong - Money (That's what I want)
- Marv Johnson - I Love The Way You Love
- Buster Brown - Fannie Mae
- The Drifters - This Magic Moment
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Lady Luck
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Rosco Gordon - Just A Little Bit
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?