Tuesday 5 April 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 5, 1960). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michelle McCartney and Asteris Koutoulas.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Cloud-Capped Star, directed by Ritwik Ghatak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while The Joy Of Music by Leonard Bernstein was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der schwarze Kanal.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 April 1960
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1960!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1960 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Michelle McCartney: French noted family, daughter of Monique LeVallier (born 5/10/1945) and allegedly Beatle member Paul McCartney.
- Greg Mathis: Reality Star.
- Asteris Koutoulas: Greek/German event and music producer, filmmaker and author.
- Larry McCray: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Ian Redford: Scottish footballer and manager (d. 2014).
- Hiromi Taniguchi: Japanese runner.
- Alma Kruger: Actor (Made For Each Other), dies at 88.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- Steve Lawrence - Footsteps
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
- Connie Francis - Mama
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
Top #10 R&B songs
- Dinah Washington & Brook Benton - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Barrett Strong - Money (That's what I want)
- Marv Johnson - I Love The Way You Love
- The Drifters - This Magic Moment
- Buster Brown - Fannie Mae
- The Theme From "A Summer Place" - Percy Faith And His Orchestra
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Lady Luck
- Bill Black's Combo - White Silver Sands
- Jackie Wilson - Doggin' Around
- Jimmy Reed - Baby What You Want Me To Do
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?