Saturday 2 April 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 2, 1960). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marie-Ange Nardi and Brad Jones.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
Peeping Tom, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Grant Moves South by Bruce Catton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der schwarze Kanal.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 April 1960
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1960!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1960 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Marie-Ange Nardi: French TV host on the private channel TF1, she began as a national announcer.
- Linford Christie: St. Andrews, Jamaica -- 4x100m runner (1992 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Brad Jones: Australian race car driver.
- Lee Mi-sook: South Korean actress.
- Pascale Nadeau: Canadian journalist.
- Cuba buys oil from USSR
- KPEC TV channel 56 in Lakewood Center-Tacoma, WA (PBS) 1st broadcast
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
- The Little Dippers - Forever
- Annette - O Dio Mio
Top #10 R&B songs
- Dinah Washington & Brook Benton - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- The Theme From "A Summer Place" - Percy Faith And His Orchestra
- Barrett Strong - Money (That's what I want)
- Marv Johnson - I Love The Way You Love
- Buster Brown - Fannie Mae
- The Drifters - This Magic Moment
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Lady Luck
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Rosco Gordon - Just A Little Bit
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?