Thursday 14 April 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brad Garrett and Majella O'Donnell.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Fugitive Kind, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1960!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1960 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Brad Garrett: American actor, became popular on his role as Ray Romano's brother in "Everybody Loves Raymond.
- Majella O'Donnell: Irish businesswoman, singer, reality television star and the wife of entertainer Daniel O'Donnell.
- Brian Forster: rocker (Partridge Family Drums).
- Myoma Kywe: Burmese historian and journalist.
- Tina Rosenberg: American journalist and author.
- Archibald McIndoe: Plastic surgeon.
- Bye Bye Birdie opens at Martin Beck Theater NYC for 607 performances
- 1st underwater launching of Polaris missile
- Stanley Cup: Montreal Canadiens sweep Toronto Maple Leafs in four games.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 April 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- Connie Francis - Mama
- Marv Johnson - I Love The Way You Love
- Steve Lawrence - Footsteps
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?