Tuesday 19 April 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nicoletta Braschi and Yvon Le Roux.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Fugitive Kind, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while The Lifetime Reading Plan by Clifton Fadiman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Four Feather Falls.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1960
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 19 April 1960. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1960!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1960 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Nicoletta Braschi: Italian actress, the star of "La Vita E Bella," (Life is Beautiful), directed by her husband, Roberto Benigni and nominated as Best Foreign Film.
- Yvon Le Roux
- John Gregory Wald
- Ara Gevorgyan: Armenian musician, composer and musical producer.
- Roger Merrett: Australian footballer and coach.
- Frank Viola in Hempstead: New York, USA; pitcher (Minnesota Twins, New York Mets/Cy Young-1988).
- Frank Viola: American baseball player and coach.
- John Schweitz: American basketball player and coach.
- John Wald: American writer, editor and photographer, a skier and outdoorsman who is a member of the Sierra club, the Appalachian Mt.
- Brian Kelly: Composer.
- 64th Boston Marathon won by Paavo Kotila of Finland in 2:20:54.
- April Revolution: South Korean students hold a nationwide pro-democracy protest against President Syngman Rhee. Thus eventually leads him to resign from that office.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Buster Brown - Fannie Mae
- Dinah Washington & Brook Benton - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Jackie Wilson - Doggin' Around
- Marv Johnson - I Love The Way You Love
- Bill Black's Combo - White Silver Sands
- Barrett Strong - Money (That's what I want)
- Percy Faith And His Orchestra - The Theme From "A Summer Place"
- Nat Kendrick And The Swans - (Do The) Mashed Potatoes (Part 1)
- The Drifters - This Magic Moment
- Jackie Wilson - Night
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?