Saturday 8 July 1978
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eve Myles and Erin Morgenstern.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Foul Play, directed by Colin Higgins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Scruples by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Top Gear.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Sky Diver or Space War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1978!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1978 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Eve Myles: Welsh actress.
- Erin Morgenstern: American multimedia artist and the author of a successful fantasy novel, The Night Circus (2011).
- Rachael Lillis: American voice actress.
- Urmas Rooba: Estonian footballer.
- Alessandro Pertini elected President of Italy
- Pioneer-Venus 2 Multi-probe launched to Venus.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 July 1978
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?