Monday 8 December 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maximilian Schell and Alain Weber.
The Blue Angel, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1930 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Maximilian Schell: Famous actor with international career, theater author.
- Alain Weber: Composer.
- John Morressy: United States -- Sci-fi author (Starbrat, Greymantle, Kingsbane).
- Jean-Paul Cachera: French cardiovascular surgeon, known for performing the first successful heart transplant in Europe, on Damien Boulogne in early 1968, just months after the first heart transplant by Professor Barnard in Cape Town.
- Paul Cachera: Boulogne-Billt physician.
- Julian Critchley: English journalist and politician (d. 2000).
- Broadway Theater opens at 1681 Broadway, New York City, New York.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?