Monday 8 December 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Weber and John Morressy.
The Blue Angel, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1930 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Alain Weber: Composer.
- John Morressy: United States -- Sci-fi author (Starbrat, Greymantle, Kingsbane).
- Jean-Paul Cachera: French cardiovascular surgeon, known for performing the first successful heart transplant in Europe, on Damien Boulogne in early 1968, just months after the first heart transplant by Professor Barnard in Cape Town.
- Maximilian Schell: Famous actor with international career, theater author.
- Paul Cachera: Boulogne-Billt physician.
- Julian Critchley: English journalist and politician (d. 2000)
- Broadway Theater opens at 1681 Broadway, New York City, New York.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 December 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?