Wednesday 8 June 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Linda Hanley and Mike Hucknail.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Three Steps To Heaven by Eddie Cochran was in the top 5 hits.
The Apartment, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1960!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1960 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Linda Hanley: Laguna Beach, California -- Beach volleyballer (1996 Olympics - 4th Place).
- Mike Hucknail: rocker (Simply Red - "Every Time We Say Goodbye").
- Mick Hucknall: British musician, lead singer and songwriter, with the soul-pop group "Simply Red.
- Agnés Soral: French actress, widely known for his role in "Tchao Pantin" with Coluche.
- Terje Gewelt: Norwegian bassist.
- Thomas Steen: Swedish ice hockey player and coach
- Argentine government demands release of Adolf Eichmann
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 June 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- Jeanne Black - He'll Have To Stay
- Jack Scott - Burning Bridges
- Anita Bryant - Paper Roses
- Jackie Wilson - Night
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Ron Holden - Love You So
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?