Wednesday 1 June 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Simon Gallup and Vladimir Krutov.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers.
Pollyanna, directed by David Swift, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Perle by Perle Mesta with Robert Cahn was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1960!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 June 1960 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Simon Gallup
- Vladimir Krutov: Russian ice hockey player and coach (d. 2012).
- Sergey Kuznetsov: Russian footballer and manager.
- Giorgos Lillikas: Cypriot politician 8th Cypriot Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- WDTV TV channel 5 in Clarksburg-Weston, WV (CBS) begins broadcasting
- New Zealand's first official television broadcast commences at 7.30pm from Auckland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?